Central City Productions announces the 7th Annual Black Music Honors live tapping at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre in Atlanta on May 19. The star-studded two-hour event will honor artists and musicians who have influenced and made significant contributions to American music.
Multi-hyphenate LeToya Luckett will co-host the epic night of celebration along with Chicago Actor and Comedian DeRay Davis.
This year’s remarkable group of honorees include
- Multi-Platinum, Award-Winning Supergroup Dru Hill – Urban Music Icon Award
- Five-Time GRAMMY Nominee Tevin Campbell – R&B Icon Award and Multi-Award-Winning
- Gospel Duo Mary Mary – Gospel Icon Award
- NAACP Image Award-Winning Singer Karyn White – Soul Music Award
- Award-Winning Singer-Songwriter Keri Hilson – Music and Songwriter Icon Award
- Legendary R&B Group The Whispers – Legends Award
“We are more than excited to return to in-person taping for the first time in nearly three years with a live studio audience,” Founder and Executive Producer, Don Jackson said. “The pandemic had an unprecedented impact on the music industry and we’re honored to celebrate, commemorate and honor music trailblazers who have paved the way for the next generation of music and culture.”
The televised special is set to air in national broadcast syndication June 4 – July 3 and on Bounce TV on Saturday, June 25th. The 7th Annual Black Music Honors show is Executive Produced by Don Jackson with Jennifer J. Jackson serving as Producer and Michael A. Johnson as Producer and Director.